Welcome and thank you for visiting my site. My name is Dr. Karlyn Pleasants and I am a licensed Clinical Psychologist practicing in San Diego for the past 20 years. I specialize in adult and adolescent psychotherapy with a special emphasis on relational attachment. I also provide clinical supervision for in-training and licensed therapists and offer consultation and support to individuals and groups working in the field of helping others.
Please click on the links above to learn more about how my therapeutic approach, areas of expertise and style of practice may offer what you are looking for in your healing and growth endeavors.
We have more possibilities available in each moment than we realize.
~Thich Nhat Hanh
With safe re-opening guidelines underway, I am happy to announce a return to a limited in-person appointment schedule beginning June 4th. For both new and current clients, I ask for your assistance with the following guidelines:
- If you have ANY symptoms of sneezing, cough, sore throat, or fever, please do not come to your in-person appointment. Call me and we will either reschedule or hold our session via telehealth.
- Only come to the office door (#214) precisely at your appointment time. If you are early, please either wait in your car until your appointment time or use one of the seats in the open-air atrium. If waiting in the atrium, please keep your mask on.
- You must wear your mask when entering the office. I have arranged seating to ensure we are a minimum of 6’ apart. Once seated, we can both take off our masks. We will need to put our masks back on at the end of the session to leave the office.
- I will be staggering appointments to avoid any overlap between people leaving and those arriving. I will also disinfect the office in between each client.
- There is a restroom in the hall outside the office to wash your hands before and/or after session. I will also have hand-sanitizer available inside the office.
I continue to offer telehealth sessions to those who prefer to hold their appointments remotely. Please call me if you have any questions about these guidelines or any other steps related to both in-person and remote sessions. Thank you so much!